NECK LIFT - KERALA
NECK LIFT SURGERY AND NECK LIPOSUCTION
INDICATIONS FOR A NECK LIFT.
- Excess fat accumulation along with skin relaxation in the lower face creates jowls
- Excess fatty deposits below the chin
- Saggy neck skin
- Muscle banding in the neck resulting in abnormal contours
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CONSULTATION?
During the consultation, Dr Prince will discuss the below aspects:
- – Skin type
- – Skin elasticity
- – Bone structure of your jaw
- – Ethnicity
- – Detailed medical history
- – Mental and emotional attitude
Upon a consideration of all the above, your surgeon will advise the most suitable technique for the neck lift.
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
You will be advised to stop smoking at least four weeks before surgery. Besides, the surgeon shall advise you to avoid certain medications such as Aspirin (blood thinning agents).
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
Dr prince performs a neck lift under general anesthesia. The procedure typically takes between 2 to 3 hours. There are 3 types of neck lifts to choose from:
- – Mini neck lift
- – Neck liposuction
- – Combination neck lift
In all of the above techniques, incisions are strategically located under the chin and/or behind the ears.
Mini neck lift. The procedure releases the muscle from the skin, following which the neck muscles are pulled and tightened (CERVICOPLASTY). The overlying skin is pulled back, tightened, held in place, excess skin excised and the remaining sutured. Sometimes, the sutures are replaced with a special type of adhesive glue.
Neck liposuction. A neck lift in combination with liposuction along the jaw line can yield very promising outcomes.
Yet another neck lift procedure, referred to as PLASTYSMAPLASTY is aimed at reducing the banded appearance of the neck. Here, our surgeons will insert a tiny specialized instrument to realign or remove specific portions of the neck muscles, thereby tightening the middle area of the neck.
Combination neck lift. Dr Prince and his team of skillful Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons prefer to combine a neck lift with a facelift as they understand that the overall outcome will be more gratifying and truly understand your aspiration to look young.
DIRECT SKIN EXCISION Z-PLASTY FOR THE NECK
Direct neck excision Z-plasty remains a gold standard for jowling and excess neck skin apart from the regular neck lift surgeries. This procedure has also been planned and adapted as a second stage revision after or along with a traditional face and neck lift for patients whose skin is thick or thin with creepy and inelastic nature.
Direct neck excision specifically targets addressing cervical ptosis and skin laxity. The wound tension is shifted through Z-plasty which takes care of scarring and poor aesthetics of neck skin post-surgery. This technique yields high satisfactory outcome when the patient selection is specific to aging changes and desires.
- Patients with neck aging with minimal jowling.
- Patients are Skeptical about face lift.
- Patients desire to correct only the neck laxity.
Advantages of direct neck excision Z-plasty:
- Minimal recovery time since it is a small procedure.
- Gives dramatic change in submental aesthetics.
- Drain is not necessary.
- Corrects inelastic and excessive skin where liposuction and regular neck lifts won’t work.
Disadvantages of direct neck excision Z-plasty:
- Only the anterior neck is improved.
- Sometimes the vertical scar may be unfavorable.
- Drain is not necessary.
- Not a Substitute for a facelift.