BREAST AUGMENTATION | BREAST IMPLANT| THRISSUR, KERALA
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery is performed to increase the volume of the breasts or to restore the size of the breasts by using implants. The size of the breast is usually lost after pregnancy or weight reduction, and therefore, breast augmentation surgery is performed to bring back the volume in the breasts.
Breast augmentation has a number of advantages:
- It increases the volume of the breasts, makes it look full.
- It improves the balance of the figure.
- It enhances and boosts the confidence and self-image.
- It gives a youthful look.
- It is a long-term solution for achieving an ideal body.
REASONS FOR OPTING FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION:
Women usually opt for breast augmentation due to the following reasons:
- Breasts size that is too small for the body and so it does not look good while wearing a swim-suit or other low-neck tops
- Breasts that are no longer firm after pregnancy
- Breasts that have become small due to weight loss
- One of the breasts is noticeably small when compared to the other
Know More About types of breast implants are available.
|Time Required||1-2 Hours|
|Pain Level||Mild to Moderate|
|Hospital Stay||Day care|
|Result||Breast Augmentation Seen Immediately|
|Satisfaction Rate||More than 97%|
|Cost||INR 80000 to 140000 Approx.|
Before the surgery, you will have to visit the doctor to get certain blood tests performed. You may have to avoid the intake of certain medications such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and other specific drugs as it may increase bleeding. Your current medications may be adjusted or replaced with other medicines. You will have to stop smoking as the use of tobacco interferes in the process of healing.
Dr prince begins by making an incision under the breasts above or below the chest implant. Once the silicone gel implant is placed inside the breasts, the surgeon seals the cuts with sutures. The chest will be wrapped with gauze bandage and a compression bra is used to provide support and assist in healing.
CARE AND RECOVERY
You will have to visit the doctor a couple of times after the surgery before you return to your normal level of work and activity. The doctor may check the condition of the breast and may prescribe a few painkillers, in case you experience any pain. Your breasts may feel tight and sensitive to touch. You may find it difficult to raise your arms. Swelling and slight discoloration may occur which will soon resolve.
You should be able to walk soon after the surgery. It is important to walk for a few minutes every hour as it prevents the formation of blood clots. You will be able to get back to your routine within a week. You should be careful while performing activities that strain your upper body like lifting, pulling, pushing or twisting. Follow the instructions given by your doctor and stay healthy.
COST OF BREAST AUGMENTATION IN KERALA
Costs around 80000 to 1.5 lakh INR by Dr Prince, Plastic and cosmetic surgeon in thrissur
Breasts implants are prosthetic devices used to change the shape, size and contour of the breast. There are mainly 2 types of breast implant- silicone and saline. They are surgically placed behind the fat layer of breast to give a more natural look while still maintaining the normal functioning of the gland
Rib pain is not a problem,with proper selection of implant size and shape based on individual anatomy and surgical technique it is safe surgery
Ideally breast implant has to be changed/ removed after 10 to 12 years
Immediately post-surgery pain is managed with pain medication.one feel some soreness. An expert surgeon will help you to choose a perfect size and shape of the implant and with his precise surgical techniques, implants will not create any pain in future
No breast implants generally do not cause cysts when opted for the right surgeon and surgical technique.
Due to highly developed techniques, breast augmentation is a highly safe and routinely done procedure. Breast implants are the most studied medical devices. These prostheses are FDA / CE approved and approved by Indian FDA thus very safe. Smooth silicone implant is safer than a textured implant
You will be advised to wear the support garment (a bra or elastic band, called a bandeau) around the clock for a month. This will help in faster healing and make you comfortable. You’ll also appreciate having some loose-fitting sweatshirts and zip-up or button-front tops
– Immediately after surgery – you can do your normal daily activity.
– 1 week after –. Start slowly with light exercise such as small tasks around the house or garden.
– Week 3 –You can start exercise for the upper body gradually.
– Do wear your supportive compression bra after surgery
– Do keep your incisions clean, dry and properly bandaged
– Don’t sleep on your stomach or sides
– Don’t lift anything heavier
– Don’t smoke after surgery, as it can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
– Don’t drink alcoholQ: How is breast augmentation performed?
A: The surgical procedure is very commonly done. It is a day care surgical procedure..
– BEFORE SURGERY- doctor will understand your desire and plan out a tailor made plan. Preoperative fitness work up is done and preparation started
– DURING SURGERY- surgery is done under general anaesthesia.
– AFTER SURGERY- as soon as you recover from anaesthesia you can go home and take rest. You might call for someone to drive you back.
In order to plan for a breast augmentation surgery, you should:
– Think about the look you want- talk about your expectations in consultation
– Start with research- read and educate yourself with the surgical techniques and implant options
– Check out plastic surgeons and good surgical centres- do not compromise the quality of your surgery tosave a few bucks..
– Pick your breast implants- gather information and ideas about the different types of implant options available and talk with your surgeon on what suits you the best.
– Save the date- apply for medical leave in your workplace, have someone that can take care of you, arrange for help etc
If Optimum size of the implant is selected for your body structure, there is no adverse impact on pregnancy. Mostly women are able to do normal breast feeding after getting implants. With selection of appropriate shape and size of implants, they do not interfere with the milk ducts and nerves responsible for stimulating milk production
You can expect to have some degree of pain after breast augmentation surgery. In general, pain medication gives you good pain relief; however you will feel soreness for 7 to 10 days following surgery.
The result of mammoplasty normally lasts for 10 to 15 years. However, in some unforeseen circumstances, it might require removal. You will have to consult with your surgeon regarding the decision.
The breast implant is the most widely studied the medical device. Silicone implants are much safer than before. They are FDA-approved.
The consultation with the surgeon is necessary for such a stage. The surgeon will recommend the size and shape of the implant to fit your anatomy, your skin laxity, and volume of your native breast tissue. Implants that are placed under the muscle, have a lower set profile and are made of cohesive silicone gel tend to look the most natural.
If you want to remove the implants in the near future, you can opt for implant removal. If you want a smaller size, you can switch to smaller implants. However, it is important to keep in mind that while removing or replacing the implants, your skin is likely to get stretched and might look different. Implant removal with a breast lift may help you to maintain the shape. Therefore, have a one-on-one consultation with the surgeon before deciding about it.
With the selection of optimum size mammoplasty, boobs sensation is preserved, it rarely gets affected and very rarely they are lost. Most of the time in such circumstances, the sensation recovers in 6 months to 12 months.
It is advisable to wait for at least three months after the delivery or stopping breast-feeding to opt for the surgery. The body requires 3 months to get back to shape.
With proper selection of implant size and shape based on individual anatomy and surgical technique, breastfeeding is not a problem. It is better to have a discussion with your surgeons regarding the options available so that the implants do not damage the milk ducts.
An increase and decrease in the size of one’s own breast tissue during pregnancy can affect the shape of the boobs.