How to Get Most Attractive Hair and Skin with PRP Treatment?
- Do you want a youthful and glowing skin?
- Do you need drastic improvement for dark eyes circles?
- Do you suffer from hair thinning or baldness?
- Have you heard about Vampire facial and needs a magical enhancement in your facial appearance?
Your concern has the best answer with the PRP treatment. PRP uses the patient’s own blood stem cells to facilitate the cells’ growing process and gives healthy and glowing skin and hair
Benefits of PRP Treatment
- The PRP treatment has a significant role in hair loss treatment as it helps in inducing the hair follicles to grow.
- The PRP injection promotes hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles and prevent further hair loss
- It improves hair growth cycle
- It improves the hair transplantation results by stimulating the growth of hair follicles
- It helps in a faster healing process and works great after the hair restoration surgery and makes the procedure a bio-effective
- It helps in obtaining high-platelets enriched blood that is concentrated and injected into the affected areas contains growth factor maximum
- For Better Hair Transplant Results: PRP injection is also administered with the hair transplant procedure to promote better hair growth and faster healing. The therapy makes the procedure a bio-effective as it stimulates the hair follicles to grow faster so that the desired outcomes can be achieved.
- It is the most effective treatment when it comes to reducing fine wrinkles. Injecting PRP in a nasolabial fold or a hollow cheek regenerates collagen through the growth factors that are included in it and turns around the wrinkle situation.
- PRP treatment is a solution to freckles and blemishes on your skin, through its growth factors which like EGF. EGF in PRP stimulates cell growth and cell replication and this in turn helps in the removal of freckles and blemishes.
- Acne is globally an embarrassing problem for people but the best treatment for it is not creams or lotions. PRP treatment activates sebum (a stimulant that causes pimples in a dormant state) and reduces pimple development.
- At the same time, PRP also generates collagen and elastin fibers which are useful in wiping out acne scars and stretch marks.
- The PRP injection helps in achieving faster healing because the proliferation of cells on the injured areas gets doubled than usual promotes wound healing at a faster rate.
- Facial Skin & Volume
- Stretch Marks
- Scars on the Body
- Patients who are suffering from high levels of solar damage, premature wrinkles, and uneven skin tone.
- Patients who have small or isolated areas of hair loss or their hair loss is an early stage
- Patients who have the issue of severe hair thinning are an ideal candidate
- Don’t have blood disorders that could hamper the blood clotting or increase the risk of infection
- Don’t have chronic skin infections.
- Emotionally stable
- Realistic expectations
- Ready for follow up as advised
Platelet-rich plasma is a modern way to prevent hair loss. In this treatment, the complete hair loss will not stop instantly. It takes a few months to get the desired results. PRP helps to promote hair growth and thus increase the volume of hair.
Those patients who are suffering a severe level of baldness, may not get a positive result because of the plasma work in the hair follicle which is present in the scalp but not on the dead hair.
Detailed understanding of the patients needs Trichoscopy analysis to see the ratio of vellus and terminal hair on the areas of concern. You may know about many treatments of your hair or skin concern from the websites. But there is always confusion about what is best for you. Consultation is an opportunity for you to discuss your concern and what is best for you. Dr Prince plastic & cosmetic surgeon will examine you and discuss the cause of your concern and advice you about preventive measures as well as various treatment options for you to get a long term aesthetic result.
- The PRP injection treatment is a 3 step process that includes blood drawing, filling the vial with whole blood, concentration, and finally injecting the concentrated platelets into the affected areas of the scalp or face.
- The PRP injection contains the growth factor cytokines and other growth factors that induces cell growth and helps in growth as well as recovery. It helps in obtaining a concentrated form of blood plasma protein, i.e., platelets that have a blood clotting character that further accelerates the growth of hair follicles and facial skin rejuvenation.
- Step 1st: Blood Drawing: The fresh blood is drawn from the patient’s own body usually from the arm or any sides of your body part. The surgeon/doctor collects your blood into the syringe.
- The motive behind filling the vial with whole blood is to initiate the extraction process in order to separate the platelet-rich plasma from platelet-poor plasma followed by the plasma activation in the addition of thrombin and calcium chloride.
- Step 2: PRP separation via Various techniques: The use of anticoagulants to collect blood is a major issue. The present work aimed to verify PRP obtaining with three types of commercially available blood collection tubes containing EDTA, SC, or ACD as anticoagulants. Platelet counting was higher in blood collected in tubes containing EDTA, followed by SC and ACD.
- Spinning the plasma in a centrifuge machine: The centrifuge machine is used to concentrate the blood plasma that is spun with a certain temperature, speed and pressure to obtain the desired concentration of platelets and make them ready for injection.
- Step 3: Injecting the platelet-rich plasma into the affected areas: This is the final step of the PRP treatment in which the doctor injects the PRP solution that is a concentrated platelet into the affected areas, either scalp or face wherever it is needed to have growth and rejuvenation.
The American Academy recommends patients avoid or discontinue certain medications prior to injection:
- Avoid corticosteroid medications for 2 to 3 weeks prior to the procedure
- Stop taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen or aspirin (low dose, 81mg, aspirin may be permissible)
- Do not take anticoagulation medication for 5 days before the procedure (done only under doctor supervision)
In addition, patients are advised to drink plenty of fluids the day before the procedure. Some patients may require anti-anxiety medication immediately before the procedure.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections, Step-by-Step
This is an in-office procedure that involves a blood draw, preparation of the PRP, and the injection:
- Blood is drawn from a vein in the patient’s arm into a syringe (15 to 20mL, or 0.5 to 2 ounces, or more may be needed).
- The blood is processed using a centrifuge machine.
- A doctor or technician prepares the centrifuged platelet-rich plasma for injection.
- The affected area is cleansed with a disinfectant such as alcohol or iodine.
- A lidocaine injection and/or another local anesthetic spray may be used to numb the injection site. However, some experts believe that anesthetics decrease the effectiveness of PRP.
- The patient is asked to relax; and a vibrating machine with ice-cold compresses is used, this will facilitate the injection and also can make the injection less painful.
- Using a syringe and needle, the doctor injects a small amount of platelet-rich plasma into the area of concern
- The injection area is cleansed.
The platelet-rich plasma typically stimulates a series of biological responses, including inflammation, so the injection site may be swollen and painful for about 3 to 5 days.
After the PRP Injection: Immediate Follow-up Care
Platelet-rich plasma injections may cause temporary inflammation, pain, and swelling. A doctor may recommend that a patient:
- Avoid anti-inflammatory pain medication; the doctor may prescribe or recommend another pain medication.
- Apply a cold compress a few times a day for 10 to 20 minutes at a time to help decrease post-injection pain and swelling. (Some doctors may recommend a warm compress instead.)
- Reduction in hair fall will be seen after the first session itself.
- But it takes a few months to get a proper result. PRP helps to promote hair growth and thus increase the volume of hair.
- After four PRP treatments, about 30 percent more growth in thinning areas can be experienced.
You should start to see results within a week. After 1 or 2 months, you should see rejuvenated skin that appears younger and feels softer and
It’s an OPD based procedure so there is no downtime. After the treatment, you may get back to your day-to-day life routine without any hassles. This differs from person to person as the skin recovery time ranges from 2-3 days.
Doctors recommend not washing hair for one day after taking the PRP treatment. Massage is also not advisable on the scalp. You can take direct sunlight. Avoid straightening and curling for a few days.
- A wrong Mixture: It is inevitable to prepare the PRP solution with the required concentration, which are 5-times or more than the usual concentration of platelets in the blood. If the mixture of PRP doesn’t meet the required concentration of platelets the beneficial effect of PRP injection is minimal. However, to avoid this risk it is important to evaluate the PRP mixture under the extreme supervision of the doctor. The concentration of blood-plasma protein and preparation must be followed by a proper RPM of a centrifugal machine.
- Lacking Proper Sterilization & Cleanliness: A proper sterilization of the equipment and cleanliness of the surroundings should be followed by the operator in order to avoid the chances of infection. The contamination of PRP solution with foreign materials ends up with a decrease in the efficacy of blood plasma and a poor result.
- Bruising: It can occur but usually resolves within a week or two. The patients who are very sensitive towards pain may experience pain while injection, but is controlled effectively with cool air and ice packs.
- No of session: Normally 4-6 sessions at the interval of 4-6 weeks are advisable. After completing the cycle maintenance PRP can be taken once in 6 months.
- Any associated treatment: The treatment can be used both, individually as well as in combination with few other scientifically researched and tested surgical procedures including laser, lifting, MTS, Fat Grafting, etc.
- PRP Treatment involves the use of one’s own blood and as such, it is safe to assume that there will be no allergic reactions or infections because of it.
The cost of PRP treatment may vary from one patient to another as everyone has a different need and goal with the therapy option depending upon the following factors:
- The concern for the PRP option, either it would be skin issue or a hair problem
- The PRP treatment provider credit in the respective field
- The reputation and recognition of the doctor/dermatologist
- The sessions recommended for the optimal results
- The cost of PRP usually ranges from 3000 INR for single sitting . that further vary depending on several associated factors. However, it is important to get the consultation to know the exact cost of PRP for your case of the problem.